Lime Connect is a global non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that’s rebranding disability through achievement. We do that by attracting, preparing and connect high potential university students and professionals – including veterans – who happen to have all types of disabilities for scholarships, internships, The Lime Connect Fellowship Program, and full-time careers with our corporate partners which include some of the world’s leading corporations. We are breaking stereotypes and leading companies of every size, industry, and location to understand the importance of, and full value, the talent and strengths employees with disabilities bring to the workplace.
On Saturday November 3rd, Lime Connect will host its first Century ride near bike-friendly Reston, Virginia. There will be three ride options for riders to choose from: 100-, 62- and 30- mile courses. The selected event manager will need to plan to accommodate approximately 200-400 riders.
Candidate must have relevant and demonstrated experience with complex event planning. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate project management skills and the determination to manage multiples tasks/people at the same time, and have managed a similar bike event. Candidate will need to track progress on weekly basis and provide a project schedule to ensure the event leadership team is kept up to date.
In addition, the event manager should have an interest in the following categories: cycling, non- profit development, and/or event management. This event has the potential to raise a substantial amount of money and the event leadership team desires the candidate to be motivated to accomplish this goal.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for management, promoting and the logistics involved with a well-attended century bike ride. Highlighted tasks include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned to help make this a successful event.
- City/county Coordination – Ensuring all permits required for the ride are procured well in advance.
- Volunteer Management – Coordinate and manage all volunteer activities which includes specific instructions pre-, during, and post-rides. Volunteers will need to be placed throughout the course, manage check-in registration, clean-up the race route once the last rider crosses the finish line and other identified responsibilities.
- Vendor Organization – Food, beverages, and sponsor swag will need to be procured and marketed to potential riders well in advance to increase attendance and donations.
- Project Management – Project schedules and task statuses will need to be created and maintained on a frequent basis so all parties are aware of ongoing activities.
- Financial Administration – Event manager will need to keep an ongoing log to track and manage the overall budget for the century ride. There will need to be an accurate balance of expenditures versus donations.
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Documented work experience in event planning; bike ride experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail, good recordkeeping,
responsible time management, and the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
in both independent and collaborative settings.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, enthusiasm, and commitment to Lime Connect’s mission.
Location: DC metro region
Duration: 7 months (April 2nd through November 15th)
Weekly hours: 15-20 hours, some weekend work will be required. Required hours will change as we approach the event date
Compensation: commensurate with experience
- Please send resume, cover letter (research is available online and is encouraged when drafting cover letter) and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2019 Annapolis Bicycle ClubP.O. Box 224Annapolis, MD 21404