No day-of registration. Online registration will close on Sept 10, 2020
Join ABC on the Amish Country Bike Tour! Register on the ABC website to let members know you are attending. When you register on the event website, use Annapolis Bicycle Club as your team name for a registration discount (if we have 5 or more members register).
Registration is now open for the 34th annual Amish Country Bike Tour being held Saturday, Sept. 12, 2020 in Kent County, Delaware. Make sure to register by Tuesday June 30th, 2020 to ensure reduced rates: www.bikereg.com/amish-country-bike-tour.
The ACBT Planning Committee is following the recommendations of USA Cycling as well as state and local authorities to minimize risk for our participants and volunteers. The following modifications will be made:
Instead of a mass start, the event will be a show-and-go, staggered by distance planned:
- 100-mile riders: begin between 7-8 am
- 50/62-mile riders: begin between 8-9 am
- 15/25-mile riders: begin between 9-10:30 am
- No day-of registration. Online registration will close on Sept 10, 2020.
- For participants registered BEFORE Sept 1, 2020, all registration materials will be mailed to the address provided when registering. For those registering between Sept 1-10, you will need to pick up your registration materials. We will modify our packet pick-up to allow for social distancing.
- All pre-ordered t-shirts and jerseys will not be mailed, but will be available for pick-up with social distancing measures in place.
- Masks will be provided and must be worn at all stops or when in close proximity to others not in your group.
- Rest stops will be modified to minimize crowding and potential for contamination of food/beverages.
- We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will update this information as needed.
Routes are 15, 25, 50, 62 or 100 miles through peaceful, flat(!), low-traffic Amish countryside. You can preview the routes before you decide.
Early registration rate of $45 per person will be available until June 30th, 2020.
Up to 5 rest stops are included, depending on distance, but all routes stop at the Amish Schoolhouse, where you’ll enjoy our famous, fresh, locally-baked pie! Following the bike tour, there will be a box lunch picnic and vendors on Legislative Mall in historic downtown Dover, Delaware.
If you’re planning to stay in the area, consider joining Bike Delaware and local cyclists for one of two second day ride options on Sunday, Sept 13, for no additional cost!
The area offers a number of accommodation and dining options. Delaware isn’t very big, but that doesn’t mean you will want to stay too far outside of the Dover area. Kent County Tourism has compiled a wonderful searchable resource for visitors available on their website. If you limit your search to Dover, you’ll be in the right area to get to the start point by 8 am. While you can start at any time, we do recommend an earlier start for any of the longer rides to ensure that rest stops and SAG support are available. The event will close at 5 pm.
Check back here or join the conversation on our Amish Country Bike Tour FaceBook or Amish Country Bike Tour Instagram accounts for updates and information as details for the Amish Country Bike Tour are finalized. As of this time, the planning continues.