The Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce is very excited to announce the relaunch of the 31st Annual Ocean to Bay Bike Tour for October 16 & 17, 2020. As you are aware, the Ocean to Bay Bike Tour was postponed from the original April 24 & 25 date and the Chamber appreciates your patience as we worked with the local First Responders, municipalities and state entities to reorganize the event.
The award-winning event, presented by the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce, offers cyclists a 30+, 50- and Metric Century (62.5) ride on flat terrain. All routes will have the option to participate in person or choose a virtual option and complete your selected route on your own. There will also be a 10-mile Friday Coastal Cruise starting in downtown Bethany Beach and riding north to the Big Chill Beach Club.
Plan Your Stay
Please find a link to our business community page here. From this page, you will be able to find hotels & lodging, along with restaurants and stores around the Quiet Resorts area that you can visit while you are here.
There are a few updates to the event that you need to be made aware of.
· If you were previously registered for the Ocean to Bay Bike Tour when it was scheduled for April 24 & 25, you will need to reregister so that there is an accurate count of how many participants there will be; however, you will NOT have to pay again. Please select one the “Spring Ride” registration fee items depending on what you originally registered for on the original date (e.g. “Individual Registration (Spring Ride)”, “Individual Combo Registration (Spring Ride)”, “Team Registration (Spring Ride)”, “Team Combo Registration (Spring Ride)”). To register for the new date, please click here
· There will be four participation options available to you.
o Option One: In Person Attendance- You will physically be attending the event on October 17. When filling out your registration, please select the “Physically Attending” drop down option.
o Option Two: The Virtual Option- With the virtual option, you will select the 30+, 50-, or Metric Century (62.5) route and will complete the selected route on your own. You will have one week to complete your selected route. Please submit a screenshot of your completed route to email@example.com and include the subject line “Ocean to Bay Virtual Ride”. When filling out your registration, please select the “Virtual” drop down option.
o Option Three: Donation- Your registration fee will be marked as a donation to the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce. You will receive a letter of your tax-deductible donation. A portion of all proceeds will be benefiting Contractors for a Cause, the Justin W. Jennings Foundation, the Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation, and local First Responders. When filling out your registration, please select the “Donating” drop down option.
o Option Four: Transfer Your Bib- You have the option to transfer your bib to another person until September 22. Please contact Connor Lineberry at 302-539-2100 ext. 115 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know that you would like to transfer your bib. Please also have the person that you are transferring your bib to contact Connor so that he can update their registration information.
· The Century Ride route will not be available for this event. Only the 30+, 50-, and Metric Century (62.5) routes will be available.
· The Friday Fun Ride has been changed to a Friday Coastal Cruise. The Friday Coastal Cruise will be a 10-mile out-and-back ride starting at the Christian Church Conference Center and will go to the Big Chill Beach Club. All Friday Coastal Cruise participants will receive a voucher to be used at the Big Chill Beach Club. This ride will take place from 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm and is available for $35. If you are riding on Saturday, you can add the Friday Coastal Cruise for only $15. If you previously registered for the Friday Fun Ride only, please select the “Friday Coastal Cruise (Spring Ride)” fee item.
· The Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce will be following all State and Federal COVID-19 recommendations throughout the duration of the event. For the CDC recommendations, please click here.
Thank you once again for your patience as we reworked this event. We are so excited to see you in October, stay safe and stay healthy.
Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce
302-539-2100 ext. 115
Bike Tour Coordinator