We have cancelled this event due to the forecast for heavy rain on October 29th. If you are interested in participating in a future bicycle skills workshop please contact us at email@example.com
ABC hosting a bicycle handling skills workshop; no classroom required! Space is limited to 20 people.
This half-day workshop will focus on bike handling skills at low speed for practice and confidence building. If conditions permit we will also do grass drills.
Workshop location: Kinder Farm Park (http://www.kinderfarmpark.org/), 1001 Kinder Farm Park Rd, Millersville, MD 21108
Our instructors are USAC Coach BJ Basham and USAC Coach James Schaefer.
Cost: $20 per person. This event is open to the public.
In the event of rain this event will be cancelled and registration fees will be refunded.
ABC contact for this event is James Edison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking lot drills
- cornering in tandem, including riders shifting inside to outside
- bunny hops
- pick up cone or water bottle and placing it on other side of bike
- slow speed turns inside 1 parking space, figure 8 turns inside 2 parking spaces
- bump 'n go
- pick up cone or water bottle (if we haven't done it above)
- riding in pairs w/handlebars touching or hand on partner's shoulder
- how slow can u go race
- last cyclist in the ring: this exercise eliminates riders if they fall, put a foot down or ride out of the circle - and the circle shrinks as the # of riders drops
9 AM: Introduction
9:15 AM: Parking Lot drills
11:30 AM: Lunch to be brought to workshop
12 PM: Grass drills (conditions permitting)
1:15 PM: Wrap up