Our club picnic moves to a new area within Patapsco Valley State Park, the Glen Artney 66 Picnic Shelter. This shelter accommodates up to 70 people and features two large grills which your club officers will be using to cook grilled hamburgers & buns, kielbasa, chicken, and portobello mushrooms.
Please bring a side dish to share, and BYOB.
Registration: Please register so that we can plan our food purchases accurately. The cost is $5 per person payable at the picnic (you can pay online if you prefer).
Directions: From I-95 take I-195 to Rt. 1 (Exit 3) toward Elkridge to South St. Turn right. Park entrance is on the left. Continue to the Ranger Station at the entrance to the Park and pay the park fee ($3 in-state residents or $5 out-of-state) or show your Maryland Department of Natural Resources pass
• Continue on the Park Entrance Road as it follows the Patapsco River until you come to its end at the Stop sign at Gun Road
• Following the sign to Glen Artney, turn right onto Gun Road
• At the next intersection, turn left onto Glen Artney Road towards Upper and Lower Glen Artney and go about 0.3 miles
• Turn right and go under the concrete railroad overpass (and through to very shallow water)
• At the fork in the road, go left up the hill toward shelter (pavilion) 66
• About 0.6 miles, shelter (pavilion) 66 will be on the right.
• Park at the shelter (or if full) at any non-shelter lot on the loop down or up the hill.